Founded in 1978, the mission of the Los Olivos Chamber & Business Organization is to be your business advocate and support!
Los Olivos Chamber board member volunteers from local businesses – artists, business owners, wine makers and members of the hospitality community– work to improve, promote and maintain Los Olivos economically, socially and esthetically, enhance tourism, and sponsor local activities and events.
The quintessential example of small town community involvement, Los Olivos remains a bucolic and welcoming destination due to the hard work of its local residents.
In addition the Chamber works together with businesses to provide the community infrastructure and services we all need, including:
- Co-op marketing efforts with Visit Santa Ynez Valley, Visit Santa Barbara and the Central Coast Tourism Council
- Coordination with government agencies on town work and improvements
- Public restrooms and maintenance
- Public trash cans and pick up
- Street cleaning and other repairs.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to promote the wellbeing of the businesses and community of Los Olivos by providing members with services, tools and events to support the growth of their business.
We work to improve, promote and maintain Los Olivos economically, socially and esthetically, enhance tourism, and sponsor local activities and events. The quintessential example of small town community involvement, Los Olivos remains a bucolic and welcoming destination due to the hard work of its local residents.
Benefits of Membership
When you run a small business, every little bit matters! By joining forces with the Los Olivos chamber, you invest in Los Olivos. Read more in our Member Benefits Checklist!
Business Exposure Online and In Person:
- Two Big Events bring over 5,000 people to town: Day in the Country (Oct 20, 2018) & Olde Fashioned Christmas (Dec 1, 2018) – Find out how to get involved in our events here
- Town Map of business members – kiosks in town, printed map handouts and on our website (30,000 handed out each year)
- Quarterly Mixers for members – we want to hear your ideas and concerns! Want to host a mixer? Check out our Tips for Successful Mixers here.
- Your business information on LosOlivosca.com:
- Website and town calendar (5,000 visitors with 11,000 pageviews per month)
- Social media posts (over 6,000 fans)
- Email blasts (over 900 people).
Town Services – required by Santa Barbara County in this Special Problems Area:
- Public toilets for your customers
- Town trash pickup
- Street & bathroom cleaning
- Coordination with government agencies on town work/improvements.
Committee and Board Member Opportunities:
- Consider contributing your talents to assist in our activities, as well as bring fresh ideas
- Help shape the future of Los Olivos!
1st President Bob Whitmore 1978 – 1993
2nd President Tom Chamberlin 1993 – 1997
3rd President Judith Hale 1998 – 2002
4th President Lynne Norris 2003
5th President Richard Crutchfield 2003 -2004
6th President Sylvia Remmenga 2005-2006
7th President Sam Marmorstein 2007-2008
8th President Mark Herthel 2009-2013
9th President Tim Snider 2013-present
Contact LO Chamber at: email@example.com
PO Box 280, Los Olivos, CA 93441