Los Olivos invites you to start the holiday season by experiencing the warm & friendly small-town fun of an Olde Fashioned Christmas!
Saturday, December 3, from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
A fun-filled day of exciting and enjoyable activities has been planned to celebrate Christmas in Los Olivos. Created for the entire family, there will be a variety of crafts and activities for the kids and an abundance of Christmas shopping opportunities for the adults. Many folks will also want to take a relaxing break at members’ restaurants and Tasting Rooms.
- 1:00-8:00 – Artisan Boutique in the Grange
- 4:00-8:00 – Gingerbread Wonderland at St. Mark’s
- 4:00-5:45 – Santa Claus in St. Mark’s Parlor – Bring your cameras for a special photo
- 4:30 – till there are no more kids – Summerset Farm & Dale’s Train.
The train leaves from Lavinia Park. $5 per child per ride. One parent can ride for free with their child or group of children
- 5:45 -6:00 – Santa procession from St. Mark’s to the flagpole
- 6:00-6:15 – Official Lighting of the Christmas Tree at the flagpole
- 6:15-7:00 – Santa Claus Visits: cont. downtown in front of The Los Olivos General Store
- Live Christmas music in the park
- Food trucks in strategic locations
- ‘Toys for Tots’ drop-off boxes in strategic locations – Please bring a new, unwrapped toy for needy kids
- Live Decorated Christmas Trees at participating businesses
Start the afternoon with a visit to St. Mark’s In-The-Valley Episcopal Church (located on the corner of Alamo Pintado and Nojoqui – just a block from the flagpole in the center of town). Step into the Gingerbread Wonderland in Stacey Hall. The Gingerbread houses, decorated by local artisans and school children, will transform the Hall into a winter wonderland. Don’t forget to visit the Los Olivos Grange between 1:00-8:00 p.m. to shop the Artisan Boutique!
- Download an Artist Application HERE
- Download a Solvang Bakery Order Form HERE
- Download Gingerbread Info & Rules HERE
Los Olivos Businesses Offer Special Holiday Cheer
During Extended Hours
Towards evening, the streets of Los Olivos come alive with twinkling lights on buildings and trees, while soft luminaries guide your way towards warm and welcoming businesses. This is a magical opportunity to celebrate with your favorite wineries and shops, discover and the most enchanting Christmas tree on display, and experience a whole new dimension of Los Olivos with friends and family.
Los Olivos’ Olde Fashioned Christmas is organized by the Los Olivos Business Organization (LOBO), and supported by VisitSYV. The Gingerbread Wonderland is sponsored by St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley Preschool and Arts Outreach.