St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley Church To Host A Gingerbread Wonderland
The popular Los Olivos Olde Fashioned Christmas taking place in downtown Los Olivos, Saturday, December 2 provides a festive start to the Holiday Season with small-town charm.
Now in its 37th year, the event features activities ranging from Santa visits and seasonal crafts to train rides and live Christmas music. The Gingerbread Wonderland, sponsored by Arts Outreach and St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley Preschool, continues this year and includes a display of fanciful gingerbread houses, visits with Santa Claus, music and refreshments.
In addition to Christmas Train Express Rides for kids, live Holiday music and luminaries throughout town, there will be an abundance of holiday shopping opportunities available as retailers, tasting rooms and restaurants will stay open later in the evening. The traditional Christmas Tree Lighting will once again take place at the Flagpole (double tree lighting this year!) and an array of food and beverages will be offered throughout town.
Program details for the December 2 event include:
- Artisan Holiday Boutique – Grange Hall: 12-7 p.m.
- Gingerbread Wonderland – St. Mark’s Church: 4-8 p.m.
- Santa Visits – St. Mark’s Church: 4-p.m. on
- Carolers/Live Christmas Music – Downtown/Park: 4-8 p.m.
- Lighting of Christmas Tree – Downtown: 6 p.m.
- ‘Christmas Train Express’ Rides – Downtown: 4-8 p.m.
- Holiday Treats/Food Vendors – St. Mark’s/downtown: 4-8 p.m.
- ‘Toys for Tots’ drop-off locations – St. Mark’s Church: All day
Launched in 1978, Olde Fashioned Christmas was created to provide families and people of all ages with a fun-filled day of holiday cheer. It is free to children and adults. For detailed program information visit Olde Fashioned Christmas.
About Los Olivos, CA
Just 2 hours north of Los Angeles by car, the picturesque small town of Los Olivos is the perfect weekend or day-trip getaway. The town hosts two family-friendly events per year: Day in the Country is October 21, 2017 and Olde Fashioned Christmas is December 2, 2017. Come see how the simple life is lived! For more information, visit LosOlivosCA.com.