Founded in 1978, the mission of the Los Olivos Chamber & Business Organization is to be your business advocate and support!
Los Olivos Chamber board member volunteers from local businesses–artists, business owners, wine makers and members of the hospitality community–work to improve, promote and maintain Los Olivos economically, socially and esthetically, enhance tourism, and sponsor local activities and events.
The quintessential example of small town community involvement, Los Olivos remains a bucolic and welcoming destination due to the hard work of its local residents.
In addition the Chamber works together with businesses to provide the community infrastructure and services we all need, including:
- Co-op marketing efforts with Visit Santa Ynez Valley, Visit Santa Barbara and the Central Coast Tourism Council
- Coordination with government agencies on town work and improvements
- Creation and distribution of the town map
- Public restrooms and maintenance
- Public trash cans and pickup
- Holiday lights, street lighting and cleaning, other repairs.
Our Mission & Vision Statement
Our mission is to promote the wellbeing of the businesses and community of Los Olivos by providing members with services, tools and events to support the growth of their business.
We work to improve, promote and maintain Los Olivos economically, socially and esthetically, enhance tourism, and sponsor local activities and events. The quintessential example of small town community involvement, Los Olivos remains a bucolic and welcoming destination due to the hard work of its local residents.
Benefits of Membership
When you run a small business, every little bit matters! By joining forces with the Los Olivos chamber, you invest in Los Olivos and get some powerful benefits.
Business Exposure Online and In Person:
- Two Big Events bring over 5,000 people to town: Day in the Country (3rd Saturday in October) & Olde Fashioned Christmas (1st Saturday in December) – Find out how to get involved in our events here
- Town Map of business members – kiosks in town, printed map handouts and on our website (30,000 handed out each year)
- Your business information on LosOlivosca.com:
- Website and town calendar (8,400 visitors with 24,000 pageviews per month)
- Social media posts (over 16,500 followers)
- Email blasts (over 2,300 people).
- Promoted posts (14,000 impressions to 7,000 people per month)
Town Services – required by Santa Barbara County in this Special Problems Area:
- Public toilets for your customers
- Town trash pickup
- Street lighting and cleaning
- Coordination with government agencies on town work/improvements.
- Holiday lights in December and our annual Tree Lighting event during Olde Fashioned Christmas on the first Saturday of December!
2021 Board Members:
- Sue Eisaguirre, NatureTrack
- Dave Elcon, The Inn at Mattei’s Tavern
- Laini Jacobsen, Brewer-Clifton
- Suzanne Jakkola, Suzanne May Jakkola, EA Inc.; Treasurer
- Jonathan Rosenson, Coquelicot
- Sandee Sanger, a santé; President
- Greer Shull, Fess Parker Family
- Shelby Sim, Visit the Santa Ynez Valley
- Jefferson Woeste, J. Woeste
Contact LO Chamber at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 280, Los Olivos, CA 93441
1st President Bob Whitmore 1978 – 1993
2nd President Tom Chamberlin 1993 – 1997
3rd President Judith Hale 1998 – 2002
4th President Lynne Norris 2003
5th President Richard Crutchfield 2003 -2004
6th President Sylvia Remmenga 2005-2006
7th President Sam Marmorstein 2007-2008
8th President Mark Herthel 2009-2013
9th President Tim Snider 2013-2018
10th President Sandee Sanger 2018-present