Los Olivos invites you to start the holiday season by experiencing the warm & friendly small-town fun of an Olde Fashioned Christmas!
Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
A fun-filled day of exciting activities has been planned to celebrate Christmas in Los Olivos. Created for the entire family, there will be a variety of attractions for the kids and an abundance of Christmas shopping (and Christmas Cheer!) for the adults. The town tree lighting is in the middle of town at 6pm! Many folks will also want to visit the Open Houses at our shops, restaurants and tasting rooms along with our fun Elf Hunt – see our Facebook event here.
Start the afternoon with a visit to our Holiday Market and Food Court near the main park. At 2pm, get a Christmas Train ride in town and visit Princess Elsa and one of Santa’s Elves in the park!
Then at 4pm, head over to St. Mark’s In-The-Valley Episcopal Church (located on the corner of Alamo Pintado and Nojoqui – just a block from the flagpole in the center of town). See Gingerbread houses, decorated by local artisans and school children, transform the Hall into a winter wonderland. Visit with Santa and get photos for your kids!
- 12:00-7:00 – Holiday Market – artisan goods and gifts! Get your vendor application here.
- 12:00-7:00 – Food Court near Fig Mtn Brew – CA Tacos, Doggy Door, Arne’s Aebleskivers, Kettle Corn, Roasted Walnuts
- Surprise Kids Holiday Experience – bring your camera for a special photo
- 2:00-7:00 – Summerset Farm Christmas Train
The train leaves from near the flagpole. $5 per child per ride, one parent can ride for free with their child or group of children.
- 4:00-8:00 – Gingerbread Wonderland at St. Mark’s
- 4:00-end – Santa Claus in St. Mark’s Parlor – bring your camera for a special photo
- 4:00-end – Watch “Elf” the movie at Honey Paper
- 4:00-end – Holiday treats and carolers through town
- 6:00-6:15 – Official Lighting of the Christmas Tree at the flagpole
- Open Houses & Food trucks/booths through town!
Please check out our sponsors:
Los Olivos Businesses Offer Special Holiday Cheer
During Extended Hours
Towards evening, the streets of Los Olivos come alive with twinkling lights on buildings and trees, while soft luminaries guide your way towards warm and welcoming businesses. This is a magical opportunity to celebrate with your favorite wineries and shops, discover and the most enchanting Christmas tree on display, and experience a whole new dimension of Los Olivos with friends and family.
Planning your visit:
See the town map for business locations, the park and the flagpole.
Sponsored by Visit Santa Ynez Valley, The Bear and Star, The Bubble Shack, Fess Parker Wine Country Inn, Fess Parker Winery, Epiphany Cellars, Chumash Foundation, KRAZy Country 105.9, Larner Vineyard, Los Olivos General Store, Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe, Mission Sanitation, Platinum Performance, Saarloos & Sons, and St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley church.
Your Guide to Santa Ynez Valley
Discover the Santa Ynez Valley, and Los Olivos! Part of Santa Barbara’s larger wine country, it’s a small-town and rolling-hills haven of restaurants, wineries, craft beer, museums, shopping and nightlife. And don’t forget the great outdoors and all it has to offer! Check out the Santa Ynez Valley destination guide here.