Rain or Shine, Los Olivos invites you to start the holiday season by experiencing the warm & friendly small-town fun of an Olde Fashioned Christmas!
Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
A fun-filled day of exciting activities has been planned to celebrate Christmas in Los Olivos. Created for the entire family, there will be a variety of attractions for the kids and an abundance of Christmas shopping (and Christmas Cheer!) for the adults. The town tree lighting is in the middle of town at 6pm! Outdoor activities may be impacted by the rain, but the town tree lighting will be in the middle of town at 6pm, rain or shine!
Start the afternoon with a visit to our Holiday Market near the main park. Starting at 1pm, get a Christmas Train ride in town and visit the Open Houses at our shops, restaurants and tasting rooms. Starting at 2pm, visit our holiday petting zoo! Get more info at our Facebook event here.
Then at 4pm, head over to St. Mark’s In-The-Valley Episcopal Church (located on the corner of Alamo Pintado and Nojoqui – just a block from the flagpole in the center of town). See Gingerbread houses, decorated by local artisans and school children, transform the Hall into a winter wonderland. Visit with Santa and get photos for your kids!
- 12:00 – Outdoor Holiday Market – holiday gifts, artisan goods, face painting and more!
- 1:00 – Outdoor Summerset Farm Christmas Train – the train loads near the flagpole, $5 per child per ride, one parent can ride for free with their child or group of children.
- 1:00 – Live Music by Sam Kulchin (until 4pm) and Bear Redell (5-7pm) and wine specials all day at Zinke Wine Co.
- 1:00 – John Bramblitt Art + Wine Reception at Artiste
- 2:00 – Outdoor Holiday Petting Zoo at the main park by the flagpole
- 2:00 – Outdoor Live Music at Community Craft (also tacos and hot dogs!)
- 3:30 – Outdoor Holiday treats and carolers through town: COOKIES at the Old Grange, POPCORN at Jedlicka’s, ROASTED WALNUTS at Evans Ranch
- 4:00 – Winter Salon Reception at Gallery Los Olivos
- 4:00 – Gingerbread Wonderland at St. Mark’s
- 4:00 – Santa Claus visits in St. Mark’s Parlor
- 5:00 – Olde Fashioned Christmas at E11even
- 5:00 – Olde Fashioned Christmas at Stolpman
- 5:30 – Outdoor Santa Ynez Jazz Band at the flagpole
- 6:00 – Official Lighting of the Christmas Tree at the flagpole
Please check out our sponsors:
Los Olivos Businesses Offer Special Holiday Cheer During Extended Hours
Towards evening, the streets of Los Olivos come alive with twinkling lights on buildings and trees, while soft luminaries guide your way towards warm and welcoming businesses. This is a magical opportunity to celebrate with your favorite wineries and shops!
Plan your visit with our town map for business locations, the park and the flagpole.
Sponsored by Visit Santa Ynez Valley, The Bubble Shack, Fess Parker Wine Country Inn, Fess Parker Winery, Epiphany Cellars, Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians Foundation, KRAZy Country 105.9, Larner Vineyard, Los Olivos General Store, Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe, Mission Sanitation, Arts Outreach, and St. Mark’s-in-the-Valley church.
Your Guide to Santa Ynez Valley
Discover the Santa Ynez Valley, and Los Olivos! Part of Santa Barbara’s larger wine country, it’s a small-town and rolling-hills haven of restaurants, wineries, craft beer, museums, shopping and nightlife. And don’t forget the great outdoors and all it has to offer! Check out the Santa Ynez Valley destination guide here.