Did you know there are over 50 sparkling wine producers in Santa Barbara County? And we have 16 of them right here in Los Olivos! Many are such small production that they aren’t available year-round.
Here are the top 9 sparkling wines you can buy right now in downtown Los Olivos:
- Artiste makes an Effervescence Rosé in the méthode champenoise (traditional Champagne method) style that is 90% Chardonnay and 10% Carignane – a grape mostly grown in Southern France and used in blends to add flavor and richness.
- Blair Fox makes a Sparkling Rosé from Grenache, Foxy Bubbles. The Grenache grapes for this sparkling wine were picked from organically grown, hand-farmed estate vineyard at low sugars with a low pH and beautiful color. Make sure to ask for it.
- Brewer-Clifton‘s Sparkling Wine is a labor of love. The entire process is done in-house, completely méthode champenoise (traditional Champagne method), with all tasks done by hand, made from 100% Chardonnay. Not always available, so ask for it.
- The Bubble Shack is all bubbly, all the time bubbles from Fess Parker with 3 sparklers on their tasting menu (open weekends only).
- Carhartt’s sparkling wine is a Pét-Nat, or pétillant naturel, made each year in limited quantities. Ask them about their 100% Sauvignon Blanc, for a zingy acidity and fresh flavor profile, or Rosé of Grenache with fresh fruit and floral notes, with balanced acidity.
- Coquelicot makes a traditional method sparkling wine made from dry Riesling.
- The Hideaway LO makes a méthode champenoise sparkling wine called Flocking Fabulous Sparkling Wine, with floral, citrus, and pear aromas with a hint of yeast. The fine mousse brings forth the light citrus, smooth and round in the mouth. It has a round finish, with a note of grapefruit. This Sparkling wine is a blend of 63% Chardonnay, 34% Pinot Noir, and 3% Pinot Meunier grapes.
- Moretti Wine Co. produces makes Prosecco from an Italian Superiore DOCG Valdobbiadene Brut—a high-quality sparkling wine for just $25.
- Solminer creates several small-batch, handmade Pét-Nats from Riesling, a dry rosé and also Syrah.